Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Band Update - Week of April 6

Dear 6th Grade Band,

(Sorry...this is a lengthy update, but I need to get this information to you.)

We survived our first week of distance learning! It was great to hear from so many of you! Over 100 students responded to the band survey, and I read each and every response. I also appreciated the Flipgrid videos and Google Classroom comments. I have over 170 students, and I promise I am doing my best to respond to each of you. If you leave me a message and don't hear back from me, then there's a good chance I just didn't see it. Message again!

I can't think of anything better than music to help us forget about the craziness that is going on in the world! I downloaded the acapella app, and I'm having fun playing duets, trios, and quartets with myself!

For this week, continue with the musical activities that are posted on the online learning page or that are in your packets. I have posted a new, fun Flipgrid video assignment. There is a really cool feature in Flipgrid where you can respond to each other's videos with a video reply. I replied to a few of your videos with my own video responses. Try it out! I will be posting my own fun Flipgrid video this week, too!

I am again asking you to fill out a Google form at the end of the week to show me what you've done. A new form will be uploaded every Wednesday from now until we return to school. This week, you will be asked to upload a picture or link to something that you completed for band. You can take a picture of a completed worksheet or weekly practice log, a screenshot of a completed note naming activity, copy the link to a video you watched, etc. If you made a Flipgrid video, then you will not need to upload anything to the form.

You may have noticed "due dates" on posted assignments. This is to keep us all on a schedule and help stay organized. It it okay to turn in something "late." If you miss an assignment one week and cannot go back and do it, just try to complete one the following week. We all must keep making progress while "in school." I will use grades to improve your current grade or replace missing grades from before spring break. No one should worry about their grade in band.

Finally, and most importantly, I hope you are all staying safe and healthy. Keep practicing physical distancing, but stay social with your teachers, friends, and family online or on the phone. Contact me with anything you might need.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Conard


No comments:

Post a Comment