Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Band Update: Week of April 20

Assignments for this week are posted in Google Classroom and also on our website

Many of you are submitting work through Google Classroom. Here are some things about Google Classroom that I think may be helpful to you:

1. After you complete an assignment (google quiz, flipgrid video, etc.), you need to "Turn In" the assignment in Google Classroom. That notifies me that you did something, and it is only after you "Turn In" that I will then know to check for your work. This especially goes for assignments from previous weeks.

That being said...

2. Only "Turn In" assignments that you actually do! Remember, you don't have to do every assignment that is posted; you just have to complete one activity a week. It takes up a lot of my time trying to research if you actually did the assignment.

3. Please do not turn in old assignments from the 1st 4 six weeks, unless you are passing off your major scales. Old Stuff is marked "Old Stuff," and you do not need to do it.

4. Be sure to attach work to your assignments if you created a document or video on your own. I missed seeing a happy birthday video because the student did not attach the video nor did they turn in the assignment. I just happened to stumble across it 9 days later in a Google Drive folder.

5. Once the assignment is graded and returned to you, do not send it back to me.

6. Finally, email or leave a comment for me if you have any questions. I am getting between 50-100 emails a day. I am doing my best to make sure I don't miss anything. If I happen to miss yours, please just send me another email. I promise you that it is not intentional.

We are all doing our best with this new situation. Though we are away from school, this is not a break from school. You are still expected to do your work. I am working from home at least 8 hours a day.

I miss making music with all of you. I hope you all are doing well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment